I’m Christina, from the Crafty Card Gallery Design Team. Today I’m going to share a card I created for this months challenge. The theme is – Flowers –
My inspiration came from one of my talented crafty friends, Emma Williams.
Here is my adorable card….
Supplies used: Tim Holtz watercolour card stock/distress inks – gathered twigs/tumbled glass/pumice stone/water brush/Stampers Anonymous – Crazy Birds/Flower Garden/black archival ink/heat tool/neo colors 2 – turquoise blue/light blue/vermillion/distress crayons – walnut stain/spiced marmalade/picked raspberry/twisted citron/scissors/cheese cloth/3 in 1 glue/
Getting CraZy with the Flowers
Notice how colourful the flowers are – I used Tim Holtz distress crayons. They blend and react well with water. It’s a beautiful thing.
Any questions or comments, just ask.
Thanks for stopping by,
Welcome to the Cropped Challenge!
So if you’re new to my blog, a bit of explanation. Back in October it was my blog-a-versary. So I wanted to do something FUN!!! to celebrate. I have a TV in my craft room, and I often watch/listen to the show Chopped on Food Network
. If you’ve never seen the show, it’s quite entertaining. Chefs get a basket of mystery ingredients with just a few minutes, and have to come up with an amazing meal. I find the show quite entertaining, especially when the ingredients seem so… random…
So I posted on my Facebook page
that I wanted to do something different and was looking for volunteers – and there were 8 ladies who were brave enough to join me in an unknown challenge!
It was such a hit that I’ve done it a few times since… Everyone seems to enjoy it and it’s definitely a challenge to use these random products together… And so cool to see how everyone does it differently!
The contents of the envelopes are:
1) Border strip, and a flower. Both were cut from my Cameo, and are white. You have discretion to add whatever color/texture to them; but they should be recognizable on your card. If you haven’t made a flower like this before, let me know, I can try & put a video up or something… if you’d like to play, you can find them in the Silhoutte market – silhouette rolled rose
silhouette assorted decorative lace band
2) A toilet paper roll. Lots of people have been doing great things with them. You don’t have to use the whole thing; and you can change the color. But I should be able to tell that there is some added dimension to some object on your card (for example, you punch or cut shapes or letters out of it).
3) Some Stampin Up! silver stamping glass. This is a really chunky glitter. You can do whatever you want with it but I must be able to see that some of it is on your card.
4) One more thing – not in your envelope. You must have some sort of texture evident on your card – you can use your cuttlebug, make lines with a scoring tool, whatever you want to do. But the card must have some texture (doesn’t have to be on the whole card).
You 1) can use any other items you like (card stock, bling, stickers, markers, stamps, etc) on the card. You clearly will need a card base 2) You must use all of the items I sent you, and they have to be identifiable (but you don’t have to use all of it in the card). 3) This challenge only – you can change the color of any item I’ve sent you. They don’t have to stay white. 4) Card can be any size, and any fold you like. 5) Card can be any theme you like….
I gave them a few weeks (just in case the mail was slow), and they created some phenominal cards!!! I have to say, when I was putting all of the pieces together, I couldn’t imagine any cards as awesome as what was created!
Here’s the contents of the envelope:
Here are the cards: (name of designer below the card):
Be sure to visit their blogs and give them some love!
Jamie Rogers Moore
(you’re already here – www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com
Regina Cooper Hardy
Crafty Card Gallery is an iPhone app (works on iPad and iPod Touch) that is also available for Android Phones. It is a card gallery for handmade cards. You can follow great designers, and look for ideas. It’s updated monthly so there’s always new great content for you… Now featuring over 800 cards!!! and growing every month! New update was just released!
Hope you enjoyed all of these beautiful cards!So, to make this more interesting, you, my blog readers get to vote for your favorite card……
Please put your favorite card in your comment… If you can’t choose one that’s o.k. too!
I will select one comment from a follower randomly for a prize.. I’ll be giving away:
1) some Tim Holtz alcohol inks for one commenter…
2) some Tim Holtz alcohol inks for one card maker
3) and if you want to play along, you can link up a card too! I’ll select one of those for a prize too!
I’d love to hear if you’d like to participate in one of these types of challenges in the future or see more of these..
Voting will take place until April 3rd..
Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you enjoyed the challenge!
Have a great day!