Welcome to the Motions & Folds Card Hop! 2/26
I’m super excited to be in the Motions & Folds Card Hop sponsored by my friend Ellen at http://www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com/ (Thanks Ellen!)
I’m looking forward to seeing some great card ideas & inspiration on how to incorporate motions and folds into my cards to make them interactive and extra-special.
Ellen at http://www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com/ is the first stop in the hop; so if you came here to hop from Kacee at http://www.youhadmeatscrap.blogspot.com/, you’re in the right place. If you were coming to my blog just to visit, grab your favorite drink and hop along with us! There are 15 great bloggers in today’s hop.
So my card is inspired by a card I saw on someone’s desk. I’ve been pretty busy the last two weeks at work & have had to go to the 4th floor several times. Well, someone has a foldy card with pictures of people on the card on her desk. It’s a card from a company (like a sales card) but it’s really cool looking. So that card is where I got the idea….
So here’s the card:
So, this card was made using 12*24 paper that I think came from Oh My Crafts. I folded a piece every 2″ using my scor-pal & then folded the last section at 6″ (so it would fold over to hold itself up). Then I cut it in half so that I ended up with two cards that were 6″ each! This way it will fit in a 6″x6″ envelope!!!
I cut everything with my gypsy – as you can see, I cut my paper to fit the mat… then of course I added google eyes to the cat…. and some white pen stitching. The cat moves as does the pinwheel (i did that one myself, no cricut)…. I used some bling on the happy birthday sign and used some of the ultra fine glitter on the balloons and cake frosting, and used some pearls on the cake.
Back of the cat (so you can see how it moves side to side)
Here’s a short video of the card motion… I’ve got folds and motion!!!
Thanks so much for hopping by! Hope you enjoyed my card! Be sure to come back on Sunday, when I’ll post the birthday card I made for my mom – 3 different ways!!!
Your next stop on the hop is:
Amanda at http://www.stellarscraps.blogspot.com/
Have a great weekend!!
Here is the line-up for the hop, in case you get lost:
1. Ellen at http://www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com/
2. Selina at http://www.mudpiereality.blogspot.com/
3. Sarah at http://www.simplyshaddock.blogspot.com/
4. Jessica at http://www.thecreativestamperspot.blogspot.com/
5. Sue at http://www.susanascorner.blogspot.com/
6. Janice at http://www.cricutology.blogspot.com/
8. Kacee at http://www.youhadmeatscrap.blogspot.com/
9. Jennifer at http://www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com/
10. Amanda at http://www.stellarscraps.blogspot.com/
11. Kim at http://www.rickettscricuts.blogspot.com/
12. Brynn at http://www.flairandfrillscreativity.blogspot.com/
13. Ashley at http://www.scraptasticideas.blogspot.com/
14. Nikki at http://www.theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com/
15. Elaine at