So I just got back Monday night from Creativation 2017 in Phoenix. Big news is that CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) has rebranded themselves as Association For Creative Industries (AFCI). This was the first year the show was in Phoenix, and they did a great job!I haven’t been on facebook as much since the political posts are ruining it for me… so I mainly posted my photos on instagram… if you’re not following me yet, you can find me here or on twitter as @CraftyCardGllrySo what were my favorite things???? Here are my top 10 in no particular order…. (and the pictures are below because I’m trying out a new blogging tool and I can’t figure out how to move them around where I want them!!!!)
1) I totally want to get the Anna Griffith Couture Creation Go Press Foil so I can use my die cutting machine with foil!
2) Loved way too many of the new Lawn Fawn sets… I’m convinced they can make anything cute!
3) I finally learned the proper way to use the Art Impressions water color stamps that I love – the key is stamping everything 5 times!
4)Thought the cactus dies from sizzix (and the cool cut out embossing folders) were cool!
5)Enjoyed watching the Bob Ross painting -who knew you could watch it on twitch and that they had a creative video channel?
6) Craft fan girl moment – we got to meet Lori Whitlock. It’s always neat & exciting to meet the people whose designs you love! We also saw (but didn’t talk to) Tim Holtz, Vanna White, and Becky Higgins, Gina K….
7) Thoroughly enjoyed making a painting (my own mini Jackson Pollock style) in the Splatter Room (and wearing the cool bunny suit!)
8) Getting made into a color by number picture – photomatic by gifted custom art
9)Going to the Prime Blogger Event and meeting representatives from a lot of creative companies and getting ideas on what to do with my blog
10)Learning more about the size of the craft industry & learning that most of us participate in more than one craft (which I think is because we end up buying all the stuff & it works for other crafts)…
But my favorite part of creativation is checking out all the cool new stuff! I love shiny and new… the only upside is you can’t buy there…because I could probably spend all of my money!!!And the trends we noticed this year?
– planner stuff – stickers/stamps/binders/etc
-painting – both on canvas, cardstock, and actual objects
-succulents – there were cactus dies, stamps, themed paper, etc
-positive sentiments – there were a lot of positive, optimistic, inspirational sentiments everywhereHope you enjoyed my recap! If you have any comments – or want more pictures, please comment!
I’ll be sure to post more later!