This months Crafty Card Gallery Card Challenge theme is – something that keeps you cool.
…….from ice cold lemonade to sitting under an umbrella. The possibilities are endless!
I decided to to think outside the box and create this fun-filled, colourful, Watermelon shaped card.
If you’ve been following my blog you know I had a great opportunity in January to meet some great representatives from some of my favorite crafting companies and got a chance to enter into a contest for crafting (I still owe you a full blog post!)
So I had the opportunity recently to try out Leisure Arts newest coloring book, Art of Coloring Kaleidoscopes. I was lucky enough to get the book for free in exchange for a review – but my opinions are my own.
Here are a few great things about the book:
1) It’s sturdy enough that I was able to put it in a backpack and it didn’t get wrinkled, and it’s 8 1/2* 11 so it’s not too big (and it’s not too heavy)
2) Pages are only printed on one side. I hate coloring books that are printed on both sides because then my ink always seems to bleed through! And also I can’t decide which picture I like/want to color.
3) Pages are perforated so you can easily remove them!
4) The paper was really high quality and the pencils worked great on it.
5) Each picture only took up one page – so there was no trying to color in the binding of the book.
I recently went on short trip and had stashed the coloring book and some Crayola coloring pencils that I had gotten as a gift in my bag. I was able to pull them out and color as we traveled. It definitely made the time go by much quicker! Others commented on how pretty my coloring was and that they enjoyed coloring too! My only comment for taking a coloring book with you – make sure you take pens/pencils that won’t roll away because it’s difficult to get them when you’re in a confined space!
So this took me about 1- 11/2 hours:
I really liked this book – and I have probably 10 coloring books 🙂
Leisure Arts is kindly giving you 15% off your entire order for reading my review!!!
And once you’re done with your picture, you can pull it out of the book and use it for something else!
I recently did a craft project where I took a coloring page and put it on a candle holder. You could also frame your coloring! If you’d like to see my project, you can find it here:
Disclosure: I received this coloring book free from Leisure Arts in exchange for writing a review on the blog. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links. By clicking on them and purchasing products through my links, I receive a small commission.
Thanks for visiting!