Hey there Crafty friends! Thia here from Blue Moon Cration Crafting Station. Christmas time is winding down, and soon the 12 days of it will be over. Boo! I love this time of year, especially with two little kids to share it with! We have a favorite Christmas movie, The Polar Express. That is where I found my inspiration for these Christmas Cards that I created…
Smaller 3″ version:
Last time I was here, I promised I’d tie in a New Year project, but due to a series of unfortunate events, I haven’t had any crafting time to work on that project. I am so sorry. I do hope I inspired you to find your crafting inspiration from a place you may never have thought of before…movies! I look forward to sharing with you again soon! Thank you for stopping by the Crafty Card Gallery today! We loved having you join us!
Welcome back to the Crafty Card Gallery. We have been busy making Christmas cards as I cannot believe Christmas is already over. I love making Christmas cards and thank yous for family and friends. It’s the one time of year when everyone sends each other good wishes and cheer.
My card today is a cute Santa card from Miss Kate’s Cuttables.
I also used my Cricut Explore Air and Cricut Design Space for this card.
The Green mat is from Elegant Edges
The sentiment is from CardzTV Stamps Very Merry Stamp Set.
I love how this card turned out and it was super easy to duplicate.
My second card is not as simple but still turned out cute. SVG Cuts has some amazing SVG files. I love their box cards. This box card is found on Christmas Box Cards SVG Kit.
This card was a bit complex to put together but still was made in under thirty minutes. I used different papers and added some extra details. This card was made for my neighbors. I used another cute sentiment from CardzTV Stamps for the back. It reads May your Holidays Sparkle and Shine. It is from Mary’s latest release.
I hope you enjoyed these fun Christmas cards. I hope you had a Merry Christmas!!
Merry Christmas Everyone!!
Today I am sharing with you a card I was inspired to make using Graphic 45, “A Christmas Carol”. Our Theme this month is Christmas here at Crafty Card Gallery! The inspiration came from the Scrap Of Darkness & Scrap Of Elegance Inspiration Board, I just couldn’t resist using the colors to create a Christmas card.
Used the Graphic 45 – A Christmas Carol.
Items used from my stash – Gold leaf around my frame, and Renea Bouquet gold microbeads as an accent around the border of the card. Flowers are from Prima Marketing with Renea Bouquet Chunky Glitter Glass sprinkled around them.
I know this is pretty quick posting. But with the Christmas Day here I just wanted to inspire you and wish you all a Merry Christmas.
Hi everyone! I am here to share a very quick project for Crafty Card Gallery blog and this month’s theme is Christmas. I know this is not a card but since I was needing a tag for my journal I thought I would share anyways. 🙂
I started with a 8 1/2″x3″ manilla tag as the base for my tag and then adhered a variety of patterned Christmas cardstock to the base and cut several bits of ric rac, fiber, beading and ribbon and tied to the top of the tag.
I used the Stampendous Jolly Santa stamp and stamped on white cardstock and a variety of patterned cardstock (hat and holly) which I fussy cut all out. The patterned cardstock I adhered to the top of the white Santa cut out. Next I lightly inked Santa’s beard in a tan to give it a vintage look. I used chalk on the face, cheeks and eyes. I glued the image to the tag and then added Stickles to the beard, hat and holly to finish off this quick little project. I hope you enjoyed this and if you have any questions about this tag please let me know.
Thanks for stopping by, hope your Saturday is awesome and enjoy creating!
Welcome to Emily’s Surprise 16th Birthday Blog Hop
Hi friends!! Thank you for joining us today as we celebrate Emily’s recent Sweet 16th Birthday! Shh, it’s a surprise so don’t tell her!! We’re so thankful you’ve joined us to celebrate the sixteenth birthday of a fun loving young lady. She will be blessed by your participation, designs and comments.
You should be arriving from Janis’s blog
. If so, GREAT if not, please check out the bottom of my blog for a complete list of the blog line-up.
Here’s my Birthday design:
I’ve been wanting this die for so long – and I finally got it 🙂 So I thought it would make a perfect Birthday card….
Butterflies Thinlits Dies, stampin upKRAZY KREATIONS SILK MICROFINE GLITTER PAPER – 6 X 6 2 PACK,
Colored with Copic Markers,
Sizzix – Tim Holtz – Alterations Collection – Thinlits Die – Celebration Words – ScriptPaper – Close to my heart – sangria
What is a blog without candy, If you are a follower of The Crafty Scrap Yard just leave a comment here along with the other blogs in today’s hop and you’ll be entered to win two sets of Cardz TV stamp sets! “Make A Wish” and “Girl Talk” both sets that will help you celebrate a birthday celebration or a girl in your life!
Thanks for joining us. Your next stop in the hop is Rachelle
Remember some of the other designers are also giving away blog candy too, so don’t forget to visit everyone, read carefully and become a follower of all blogs, and leave some comment love!
Beth will use random.org to pick a winner and announce the winner on Monday, May 25th. So grab your favorite beverage, and join us for lots of fun and inspiration!
Here’s the line-up for “Emily’s Surprise 16th Birthday” Blog Hop! If you get lost while hopping come back here to check the list and find your way again!
Thanks so much for hopping with us today and wishing Emily a Happy Birthday. We hope you had lots of fun and I’ll see you Wednesday the 23rd when I announce the Blog Candy winner!
There is also blog candy, you can find out more at the beginning of the blog hop where you will find specific details on Beth‘s
Welcome to the “See You at CHA” Blog Hop!
I’ve been lucky enough to attend CHA for the last few years…. It’s a great experience! It’s like crafting heaven! I joined CHA and have attended the Mega show because I have a card making app – Crafty Card Gallery for iPhones & iPads.
My app was even featured in the CHA magazine! I have met a lot of great people through CHA – if you are thinking about joining, I would definitely recommend it!
Here are a few tips if you’re a first time attendee to the Mega show:
1) Wear comfortable shoes! The show floor is HUGE! We averaged over 12,000 steps per day – so make sure your shoes are comfy!
2) Bring a bag (and if it’s a rolling bag, even better) to put all the make & takes, brochures, etc in! You will get lots of stuff – and it gets tiring carrying it all. It also helps to make sure to put a luggage tag on the bag in case you accidentally leave it somewhere (that has happened to me before).
3) Bring some snacks (hangry is no fun – and the snack bar food is just o.k.)
4) Be sure to bring an extra backup battery for your phone (especially if you’ll be posting to social media or taking pictures) – it seems like my phone dies faster at CHA and I take a ton of pictures and post a lot to facebook. You don’t want to miss out on taking a great picture & not be able to snap it because your battery is dead. I took over 800 pictures this year at CHA (bringing a regular camera is a great idea too).
5) Have a plan for how you’re going to do the show. We always start on one side of the hall and go row by row the first day. The second day we may skip around to make sure we see the places we really want to see. And the third day we make sure we get to everything else. It’s best to make sure you make it to your favorite places – because sometimes you’ll want to go back a few times. Also, manage your time – pay attention to how much time you have left in the day because it’s easy to spend a lot of time at one or two booths.
6) Be prepared to see some of your crafting idols! I was totally geeked out the time I got my picture taken with Becky Higgins (one of my crafting heroes) (Surprisingly, my non-crafting friends were not as impressed as I was) and there’s always a crowd around Tim Holtz and Vanna White – sort of cool to see them in person! Even some of the bloggers/you tube people you follow – you’ll see a lot of them there. Photo below from CHA 2013
7) Bring lots of business cards! Everyone will want them. I am horrible at remembering to pass them out so I have a wonderful friend who makes sure they get to people and that I get their business cards (and any relevant notes jotted down).
8) Take notes of things that are great. I can’t tell you how many times my friend and I couldn’t remember where we saw a certain thing… So now we try to take pictures of booths or company names or take notes on brochures or business cards so that we can go back to them.
9) If you can meet up with others you know try to arrange it! I have a group of ladies that I know through Facebook and crafting and blog hops that I meet up with at CHA every year! It’s very fun!
10) Take your vitamins! The years I have taken my vitamins before, during and after I made the trip (we fly) I’ve come home healthy. There are lots of people in the convention center and you want to make sure you stay healthy.
11) If you’re not the most outgoing person, wear something that is attention getting – it will make conversation starting easier! One year I wore a beautiful scarf, last year I had really interesting fingernails (see picture below).
12) if you can take advantage of some of the classes, be sure to do so. CHA offers a ton of great classes, and there are often classes such as COPIC markers scheduled during the show at nearby hotels. Last year I took a COPIC marker class
And most importantly – expect to be inspired by all the creativity, talent, and cool stuff that you will see!
I love the experiences I have had at CHA – getting to see a 3D printer and laser cutter in person, meeting designers and the people who have developed the products I love to use (and getting to ask them questions about the product), seeing new products months before you can get them in stores, and getting to try new tools and learn new techniques! I hope you have a fabulous time at the show! And if you follow me on facebook, you’ll be able to see what I see when I’m there 🙂
Thanks so much for visiting! And don’t let me forget –
There’s an amazing prize drawing – so you should check out all of the blogs – the full link is here:
Here is the link to win!
There are just three entry options to win our $500+ Visa gift card:
Leave a comment on your blog (mandatory) answering the question – “What is your favorite “can’t live without” craft supply or tool?”
Tweet about the giveaway (tweet text includes #CHAshow hashtag; can tweet daily for extra entries)
Answer a multiple-choice poll about how often you “cre8time” for crafting (double entry value)
a Rafflecopter giveaway