Hi! Welcome to the New Years Thank You Card Blog Hop! Glad you’re joining us. If you got lots of presents for Christmas that you need to write Thank you’s for, here’s a great place to get some ideas. I know I have quite a few to do…
This is the first stop in the blog hop. There are a total of 35 blogs participating, so grab your favorite drink (an iced skinny cinnamon dolce latte for me) and sit back and enjoy the hop. You’ll want to be sure to come back over the weekend, since some of the participants will be posting multiple cards over the course of the weekend!
If you’re new to my blog, be sure to become a follower. Crafty Card Gallery is an iPhone app (works on iPad & iPod Touch) that is a card gallery for handmade cards. You can follow great designers, and look for ideas for your own cards. You can even submit your card to be included. It’s a great app, and will be coming soon to Android Phones… (probably early January)
You can get it from the iTunes App Store here
On to the card….
So I just got the Winter Frolic card (had a cartridge shopping spree) and I really liked this image. It doesn’t snow here, but I usually tend to do my Christmas Thank You cards as a snowy image.
The inside of the card
Card is made with Bo Bunny paper (background) and Best glitter paper and the rest of the paper is from JoAnn’s. I bought a bunch of 6 1/2 * 6 1/2 envelopes, so I’ve been on a 6*6 card kick lately.
I have some blog candy for some lucky winners:
How to enter to win? Become a follower and leave a comment. I will select the winners Monday night using my random number generator app. Here are the prizes:
1) A free copy of the Crafty Card Gallery iPhone app. I will email you a free code for the app.
2) A copy of the Bite Size Body Guide. It’s time for New Year’s Resolutions. I know one of mine is to improve my fitness level and eat healthier. I am co-author of this diet & fitness journal. The design was done by a talented designer and is very attractive. It’s compact and fits nicely in your purse. The journal has all of the tools you need to help you reach your diet & fitness goals. Special Deal!!! If you order a copy of the Bite Size Body Guide today ($17 + tax if you are in CA), you will get $1 off, free shipping (if you’re in the US), AND a free card (I’ll send you a copy of the Thank You Card I posted). Check it out here To order with this special deal, comment below & I’ll send you a paypal invoice…
3) A Cuttlebug Party Die and a Cuttlebug Flourished Frame embossing folder
4) 5 sheets each of Mrs. Grossman’s Scrap Metal and Vellum Stickers
5) A roll of 1/2 inch ATG tape (1/2′ * 60 feet)
to go to Courtney’s blog.
Here’s the full list of blogs in this weekend’s blog hop… You have some great cards coming up….
Thanks so much for “hopping” by. I hope you have a happy, healthy, crafty & prosperous 2011!
The Manic World of Mrs. Weyremaster is doing a blog hop with each blogs 10 favorite cards of 2010. I think this is a great idea for a post – my favorite cards I made in 2010…. So here’s my attempt at it… I hope you enjoy….
These are in random order… This was hard to narrow down….. 🙂
1) My Mom’s birthday card – She loves hummingbirds!
2) Card I made for my card swap – I like the texture & colors
3) Another card I made for the card swap – I love this paper!
4) Friends’ birthday card… She loves dogs….
5) My husband’s birthday card – He’s a huge Star Wars Fan, and I had bought this paper a good 6 months prior to his birthday…
6) Valentines Day Blog Hop for Operation Write Home
7) Fall Card – I love leaves, and I love the glimmer mist on these leaves that I’d bought several years ago…
8) Christmas card blog hop – I love the glitter and the fact that this card folds out…
9) Man Card – I love the diamond plate (made myself) and the detail on the tools!
10) Birthday card – finally used the holographic paper and I like the pattern paper…
Ok, I couldn’t narrow it down to 10… Here’s one of my other favorites…
11) Birthday card for a friend – I like the sanded effect and the scallop edge…
12) I couldn’t forget this card… I love the penguins…
Hope you’ve enjoyed my recap….
I’ve probably made more cards this year than any prior year because I was in: 2 card swaps, 3 blog hops, made cards for Operation Write Home, made 50 Christmas cards & made cards for the app. I’ve had a lot of fun, and have definitely learned a lot. I definitely used my Cricut more than stamping this year (as you can see) and my cards have gotten a lot more intricate and detailed. I think being in the blog hops has helped me with that. I’ve also learned a lot from other people & seeing what they do… I’ve learned a few tips that really make a card pop, and I think that’s been huge. I hope I get better next year! It was definitely fun looking through all the cards I made and thinking about when I made them…
Happy last few days of 2010!!! Enjoy them!
I just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas & a Happy & Prosperous 2011! I hope it’s a wonderful year for you!
Here is my Christmas Card this year….
I have met (via email) so many wonderful people through the app & this blog & the Facebook page… I’ve really enjoyed it!!!
I hope to meet many more of you in 2011!
Don’t forget to mark your calendars – New Year’s weekend (12/31 – 1/3) Thank you card blog hop! You will start here…. There are over 30 blogs involved! It will be a great way to spend the holiday weekend – especially if your significant other is watching football!, which is what will be happening in my house! 🙂
I have my thank you cards all worked out (since I’ll be making the card that I’m doing for the blog hop). It feels good to be ahead of schedule for once…. I have to say I am in love with the paper, so I can’t wait to get started working on them!!!
And more exciting news – I will be having guest designers for January & February…. I’ve already seen some of the cards that will be posted, and they are fabulous! I think you will have a wonderful time in January & February meeting some new designers and seeing their talents.
AND, for those of you who don’t have an iPhone, but that have an Android device, I registered as an Android developer this week, and have started the process to have the Crafty Card Gallery be an Android app as well!!! I will keep you posted on this, as I have no idea how long it will take. Unfortunately, some of the features in the iPhone app won’t work, but the bulk of the app will be the same……and the gallery & designers (best parts) will be there… I’m looking forward to seeing it on a Droid phone… I know my mother in law will be happy (since her cards are in the app, and she can’t see them!)
That’s all for today…. I need to go wrap some presents!
Enjoy your Christmas and here’s wishing you all the happiness your holiday can hold!!!
Every year I do Christmas gifts for the people at work. I was able to get a good deal on Christmas Stockings last year so I needed to come up with a cute idea for them…
So I spelled out their names on my gypsy, welded the letters together (not perfectly in all cases!) and cut them out (winter woodlands cartridge). I then cut out a piece of gold metallic paper, and embossed it in my cuttlebug (swirly one) and then added one of the poinsettias I had left over from my Christmas cards.
I then used big glue dots to attach it to the stocking. I think they came out cute!
I also made pyramid candy holders, using some old paper that I had (Yeah!) and my scor-pal (see instructions) They were very easy….
Tomorrow I’ll post my Christmas card…
Thanks for visiting!
I love the hedgehog stamps…. I did one as a Christmas card a few years ago… I was cleaning out my drawer of cards a few weeks ago, and saw this card that I had ripped the back off (must have made & addressed it & not mailed it).
The other day, a co-worker was telling me that her daughter had a pet hedgehog (I’ve never even seen a real life hedgehog) – evidently they’re legal in some states. So I thought of this card & had to take it to her at work so she could give it to her daughter…
I think it’s so cute I have to share….
Hope you like it!
Thanks for visiting!
Well, my mobile posting didn’t work so well (since it didn’t post the photos). I think Blogger should come out with an iPhone app…
Ok, so if you’ve been following on Facebook, you know I’ve posted a few cards, but couldn’t get them to post here. So I will post one new card, and the other 2 cards that were already on Facebook (since I couldn’t get them to post from my phone)….
So first, the new card – my cousin had a baby (she’s a super cutie – I saw her on Sunday), so this was the baby card I made for the happy new parents….
I love pink & brown combined and especially for babies! The baby carriage & welcome are from wrap it up. I used pink & brown cardstock & used the scallop cut from wrap it up for the card base. I used pearls to accent.
Then a card for my grandma’s 90th birthday….
Again, cute pink & brown paper. I used Martha Stewart Elegant Cake cartridge for the lace border & I think that’s where the sentiment came from too. I used pearls on this card as well, since it looked better than bling….
And a birthday card for a co-worker….
Using paper lace cartridge… Can you tell I got some new cartridges? At least I’m using them!
That’s it for today. Check back tomorrow & I’ll have a cute hedgehog card for you!
Thanks for visiting!